anna

Huffman, Anna – Nutrition

Posted On March 2, 2017
Categories Ambassador

My name is Anna Huffman and I am a 21-year-old senior in the Didactic Program in Dietetics. My passion for nutrition goes beyond my love of healthy eating, all things kale, and working out on a daily basis. Although those things are how I exemplify my passions in my everyday life, my work with organizations like Campus Kitchen, Nutrition Student Network, and Panther Food Recovery Network have shown me the profound effects nutrition can have on health, and have encouraged me to pursue a career as a Registered Dietitian. Being able to positively impact and educate individuals through service has only deepened my desire to pursue nutrition as a career choice. I currently serve as Co-President of the Nutrition Student Network, where we participate in community service and volunteer projects, promote visibility of nutrition within the Georgia State community, and learn about the profession of nutrition/dietetics career path. Through working in the Panther’s Pantry, which assists students in need, and coordinating with the dining halls to recover food waste, which is then distributed to needy individuals in the community, I have developed a greater understanding of the impact of nutrition or lack thereof, as well as the importance of community interventions.  I plan to continue my education here at Georgia State through the Master of Science coordinated graduate program.