Respiratory Care, Master of Science in Health Sciences
Print/Download Application Materials and Forms
Application Instructions and Forms
Applicants planning full-time course loads are strongly urged to enter in fall semester to maximize availability of courses due to sequencing.
Applications may be accepted after the stated deadline provided there is space available. Contact the Office of Academic Assistance (404-413-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
You may check the status of your application online by choosing “Admissions Status” at student.gosolar.gsu.edu. Please allow three weeks after submitting your application to check its status. If you are unable to access your application status, please contact the Office of Academic Assistance.
THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
- APPLY ONLINE
A complete packet includes an application and supplemental information:
Submit your application through ApplyYourself.
1.Online Application and $50.00 application fee (On-line preferred). The online application includes:
- Application for graduate study at Georgia State
-Resume to include Respiratory care related work experience, memberships in professional organizations, professional credentials and two professional references.
- Residency form
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION (collect and submit items 2-3 in a single packet to the address provided at the bottom of the page)
2. Two sealed transcripts from each college or university attended
3. Photocopy of your GRE scores or GRE Waiver requirement.
- PRINT APPLICATION BELOW:
If you print and mail your application, you must submit a $50.00 application fee, in check or money order (in U.S. Currency), payable to Georgia State University. This fee is nonrefundable.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
The School uses a self-managed application for admission to its graduate programs. This means that it is your responsibility to prepare or collect all credentials other than official test scores and submit them at one time to the Office of Academic Assistance.
A self-managed application requires appropriate planning on your part to allow time for you to prepare the applications properly and collect all of your transcript and recommendations. This process, however, also gives you control over when your application is complete. It eliminates the need for concern over lost or misdirected applications, transcripts or recommendations.
Do not submit an incomplete application packet. Incomplete packets will not be considered for admission.
We strongly suggest that you maintain your own records by keeping a copy of your application and ordering duplicate copies of transcripts and recommendation letters.
- Two transcripts from each college and/or university attended, except from Georgia State University. Transcripts are required regardless of length of stay or if the grades are listed on another school’s transcript. You will collect and submit all unopened transcripts. If needed, Transcript Request forms can be downloaded.
If you are enrolled in another graduate program at Georgia State University, you may complete a Request for Transfer of Records in your current colleges graduate admissions office. If you have attended Georgia State University in an undergraduate status, all transcripts, except Georgia State’s, must be sent; these transcripts are not available for our use.
- Resume to include respiratory care related work experience, memberships in professional organizations, professional credentials and two professional references.
- Photocopy of your GRE score (see below).
- Foreign Student Financial Statement (for international applicants seeking a student visa). See International Applicants document.
The following items are needed but not included in the packet you mail to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. The score should be sent directly to Georgia State University from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Scores cannot be more than five years old from the desired semester of entry. We recommend that you take the GRE no later than two months prior to the application deadline. The correct institution code for Georgia State University is 5251. A department code is not used. If you have an official copy of your GRE scores, please send a photocopy with your application. While a photocopy is not acceptable for admission and we must still receive official scores from ETS, a photocopy can help expedite the processing of your application. Visit the GRE website at http://www.gre.org/ or call 1-800-GRE-CALL for information and registration.
- Certificate of Immunization. This is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services prior to registration. The form can be printed from www.gsu.edu/health.
- Official TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English). If available, please include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet.
- International credential evaluation (for applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S.). See International Applicants document.
Office of Academic Assistance
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3995
Atlanta, GA 30302-3995
Overnight Courier- UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc:
Office of Academic Assistance
Georgia State University
140 Decatur Street, Suite 811
Atlanta, GA 30303
If you have questions, please contact us at 404-413-1000 or email@example.com