M.S., Health Sciences, Nutrition concentration, Georgia State University
Dietetic Internship, Georgia State University
B.A., Linguistics, Spanish minor, University of Florida
- health informatics and system requirements development
- health promotion and disease management for older adults
- nutrient analysis and nutrition labeling regulations
- Effective uses of technology to improve health and manage disease
- Applications of mobile and other telehealth technologies to support aging in place
- Hoggle L, Molinar L, Childers A, Porter H, Turner P. Increase in use and demand for skills illustrated by responses to nutrition informatics survey. Submitted for publication Mar 2016, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Evaluating Client-Focused Apps in an Unregulated World. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, Nashville, Tennessee (October, 2015).
- Nutrition 2.0 – Practicing Nutrition in a Digital World. Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Conference and Exposition, Augusta, Georgia (March, 2015).
- Connecting the dots for allergens, from manufacturer to patient. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, San Diego, California (September, 2011).
- Getting to the Source: Working with Suppliers and Vendors. Panel member for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Sodium Reduction in Communities Annual Grantee Training, Atlanta, Georgia (August, 2011).
Technology Association of Georgia
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Informatics Committee, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, January 2014 – May 2016
- President, Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, June 2011 – May 2012
Awards and Honors
Distinguished Service Award, Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, March 2009