BA in Political Science
University of Georgia, 1993
BS in Cardiopulmonary Science
Georgia State University, 2001
MS in Healthcare Management
Troy State University, 2003
PhD in Educational Leadership
Mercer University, 2017
- Neonatal Respiratory Care
- End-of-Life Care
- Pulmonary Disease
- Research Seminar
- End-of-Life Education
- Interprofessional Education
- Zimmerman, C., Gardenhire, D. The history and impact of mandatory student health insurance in respiratory care. Respiratory Care Education Annual. Fall 2012, Volume 21. 35-42.
- Zimmerman, C. Impact of the TEACH act and other copyright laws on distance education. Respiratory Care Education Annual. Fall 2011, Volume 20. 17-24
- Zimmerman, C. Lack of End of Life Education in the Allied Health Curriculum. AARC Education Section Bulletin. July 15, 2010.
- “Initiation of Collaborative Education- A Case Study.” American Association of Respiratory Care Summer Forum. July 15, 2013, Orlando, FL.
- Pedatric/Neonatal Pathophysiology Review.” Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist Board Examination Review. (September 13, 2013; September 19, 2014; September 11, 2015).
- “Interprofessional Education at Georgia State University: Past, Present, and Future.” Division of Respiratory Therapy Clinical Preceptor Update, (August 2015).
- “Aerosolized Medications: Acute and Maintenance Treatment of Asthma.” Tennessee Society for Respiratory Care. Nashville, TN. April, 2017.
- 2016-2017 Lewis School Teaching Excellence Award ($10,000).
- D09HP26964 Moloney (PD) 07/01/2014-06/30/2017
- HRSA Advanced Nursing Education $344,100 (Total Direct Costs Year 1
- HRSA Advanced Nursing Educatoin $344,100 (Total Direct Costs Year 2)
- Interprofessional Education to Improve Care of Persons with Multiple Chronic Conditions. The funding supports the development of integrating interprofessional collaborative education for advanced health professions students with a focus on caring for those with multiple chronic illnesses.
Role: Core Faculty. (10% Effort Academic Year, 10% Effort Summer)
- Digital Fellowship, Zimmerman, R.Georgia State University Center for Instructional Innovation FY 2013-2014, $3,000 (Funded)
- Zimmerman, R. “Giraffe Infant Care Station for Neonatal Resuscitation.” FY 2013, $25,000.00. TF2013-0074. (Funded)
- Zimmerman, R. “Pediatric and Adult Critical Care Simulators.” FY 2012, $66,766.00. TF2012-0123. (Funded)
- Coalition for Baccalaureate & Graduate Respiratory Therapy Education (CoBGRTE)
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) Member
- AARC Education Section Member
- Georgia State University Alumni Association
- Founding Member of the Interprofessional Education Committee at Georgia State
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Neonatal/Pediatric Review Course.
- Trinity House Smoking Cessation Outreach
Awards and Honors:
- Member of the Lambda Beta Society
- Georgia State University Digital Champion (2013)
- 2016-2017 Lewis School Teacher of the Year