About Academic Assistance
The Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) provides academic advisement for students in the Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions. It serves the following:
- We counsel students and applicants on admission to the undergraduate professional programs as well as graduate programs.
- We assist students in course selection, schedule revisions, graduation audits and graduate residency.
- We provide prescriptive advising which interprets information about rules, requirements and policies of the University and departments.
- We recruit prospective students. View recruitment activities here.
- We connect you with the next advisement level after acceptance.
Accepted students are paired with development advisers within the department of nursing or health professions to focus on life and career goals.
Students are encouraged to be proactive in their academic planning. Our advisers can help you fully understand your options and to avoid needless mistakes.