The Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions provides the necessary academic tools to prepare our students for a rewarding job. Academic proficiency, while the most important, is just one qualification recruiters look for in hiring graduates. Students need to project confidence for interviewing.
Georgia State University Career Services provides a full range of tools to help students translate their academic competencies to the professional world. As a student, you have access to the Online Job Board – Panther Career Net, job fairs, career workshops, career counseling, and “Resumania.”
We recommend our students to do the following:
- Make an appointment to talk to a professional career counselor during your second semester or during your freshman year – 404-413-1820.
- Attend Resumania to have your resume reviewed; drop in days and times: M – F, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., University Center, Room 260
- Build your resume and gain valuable exposure joining the student organization in your profession, attend events or conferences relevant to your field and join professional organizations as students to access valuable resources offer to you including scholarships and mentoring opportunities.
- Volunteer with organizations in the health arena that will help you to connect with employers that might be able to provide references and to be used as work related experience on your resume.
- Paid or unpaid internships provide incredible extra benefits for developing your skills as healthcare provider and give you another source of references for your resume.
- After graduation, our services are offered to alumni and we are dedicated to continually assisting professionals. Stay connected!
We invite you to register and begin taking advantage of University Career Services!